In order to access information on your clients’ NS&I holdings, you will need to have returned to us a signed Terms of Business Agreement between NS&I and your firm, and for each client, a signed Letter of Authority.
Once both documents have been received and are on file with NS&I you can obtain information on your clients’ NS&I holdings online or over the phone.
Please note the Terms of Business agreement is only required once per firm, a Letter of Authority is required for each client.
If you have previously registered a Terms of Business agreement and indefinite Letters of Authority for your clients for the phone service launched in February 2018, you do not have to resend these to use the new online service. Please simply call the Adviser Helpline (0800 092 1228) to activate the registration process for the online service.
Terms of Business Agreement:
Terms of Business
Client Letter of Authority:
Letter of Authority
- Post both the Terms of Business Agreement and Letter of Authority to NS&I, Glasgow, G58 1SB
- We’ll send you an acknowledgement letter within five working days of receiving the signed Terms of Business and Letter(s) of Authority. This will include a unique reference number that you can use to access the phone service
- We’ll also send you an email within five working days, for you to activate your financial adviser online service
- Please note the details you’ll be asked to provide when you call the phone service are different from the log in details used for the online service, please see the details below
To complete the online registration process:
- Once we have received the Terms of Business Agreement, you will receive an activation email within five working days. This email will be valid for 14 days and will allow you to go online and activate your registration
- A senior representative of the firm must complete the initial registration, and they will be provided with administration rights as a ‘super-user’. This will allow them to add and remove additional users within the firm and determine individual access rights (i.e. admin access or standard access)
Accessing your clients' information
Via the phone:
- When we receive a completed Letter of Authority for a client, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within five working days. This will contain a reference number which you can use to make information requests for that client over the phone
- After you have confirmation that the documents have been registered, please then feel free to call the Adviser Helpline (0800 092 1228) to request information on your clients’ NS&I holdings
- On the call you will be asked for:
- Client reference number (provided on our acknowledgement letter)
- Caller name
- Firm name, address and FCA registration number
- Additionally you will be asked to confirm some customer details
Via the online service
- Once registered you will be provided with an NS&I adviser number which you can then use along with your surname and password to log in to the online service
- When you log in, you will see a list of your clients that we hold a signed Letter of Authority for. You will be able to select a client and view details of their NS&I portfolio
- Please allow five working days for a client's portfolio to be visible within the online service after their Letter of Authority has been submitted
For NS&I accounts held in Trust or as part of a SIPP, all trustees’ names must be listed in paragraph one of the Letter of Authority and the signatures of all trustees responsible for the account will be required on the completed Letter of Authority document in order to be accepted (please use the space located on page three of the form to provide additional signatures). We will be unable to process your request and this may delay access to the information required if the Letter of Authority is not completed and signed by all responsible trustees
Information on accounts held in a Trust, can only be obtained via the phone service at this time. We are planning to add this information to the online service in the future.
Download the answers to the most frequently asked questions about these services, or call the Adviser Helpline on 0800 092 1228 (Calls from outside the UK may not be free. Calls may be recorded).
To find out more about how we use your information, please visit nsandi-adviser.com/privacy-notice