NS&I is committed to keeping you and your personal information secure and confidential.
This website is intended for use by financial advisers only. It does not capture or store personal information, other than what you tell us when submitting a form. Tools, such as calculators, do not store the information you enter. We may track the number of visitors to the website, but this tracking will not identify you. NS&I customers should visit this page to find out more about how we handle their personal information.
How we use your information
We may use any information you give us about yourself and others to:
- manage account(s) and investment(s) of you or your customer(s);
- carry out regulatory checks to meet our legal obligations;
- prevent and detect crime;
- keep you up to date with information about your account(s) and investment(s);
- develop, test and improve our products and services;
- conduct market research and product analysis;
- undertake anonymised statistical analysis (we won’t be able to identify individuals from this data);
- provide you with marketing material, which may be tailored to your individual needs;
- run competitions, events and promotional activities.
We treat all information we hold about you and your clients as private and confidential. We will not reveal your personal details or details concerning a customer’s investments to anyone not connected with NS&I, unless:
- you ask us to reveal the information, or we have your permission to do so;
- we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- it is required by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies; or
- there is a duty to the public to reveal the information.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for training, customer service and quality assurance purposes.
When you give us information about another person, you need to confirm that you have been appointed to act on behalf of that other person. This includes providing consent to process that other person’s data as set out in this policy.
We may send your data outside of the European Economic Area. However, we will ensure it is processed and handled in line with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
National Savings and Investments is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. You have a right under the Act to see the personal information we hold about you. Your information will be held by us in both paper form and on our IT systems. Information about you will be kept in line with our retention procedures and regulatory requirements.
If you want to see a copy of your personal information we hold about you, please make a Data Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 using this page. Please print off and complete the form – make sure that it’s signed. You don’t have to use this form to make the request, but you’d need to give us the same details. There may be a small charge for this service – if so, we will let you know. For more information, please see www.ico.org.uk.
Visitors to our website
We may from time to time send you details of offers from NS&I. If you’d rather not receive these, please email email@example.com. Marketing updates offer the quickest, easiest way to stay up to date with the latest offers on our products and new Issue launches. You can unsubscribe at any time from email updates using the link provided in the email. You can subscribe at any time using the email link above.
Queries and feedback
If you have any questions or feedback about how we use your data or if you’d like to tell us your preferences, please contact us.
Subscribe for news updates
News updates offer the quickest, easiest way to stay up to date with the latest offers on our products and new Issue launches.