A signed Terms Of Business Agreement between NS&I and your advice firm, and a signed Letter of Authority from your client, is required in order to obtain information on their holdings with NS&I.
Once both documents have been received and are on file with NS&I you can obtain information on your clients’ NS&I holdings either over the phone or by post. Until both documents are registered with NS&I, you will not be able to access information about your clients’ NS&I holdings. If your firm has more than one branch, the primary branch which is listed on the FCA website should be used.
Please follow this simple process:
- Download and sign the ‘Terms Of Business Agreement’ from this site. PLEASE NOTE: If your firm has more than one branch, the primary branch listed on the FCA website should be used
- Download copies of the indefinite ‘Client Letter Of Authority Template’ from this site and ask your client/s to sign them. Note that NS&I will only accept this template in all instances. Please see below for further information regarding NS&I accounts held in trust
- Post both the Terms of Business and Letter of Authority to NS&I, Glasgow, G58 1SB. Please note the Terms of Business agreement is only required once per firm, a Letter of Authority is required for each client. If your client has joint holdings, each individual must supply a separate signed Letter of Authority
- Wait 3-5 working days from receipt in NS&I for acknowledgement to arrive, to enable the documents to be registered on our systems
- After confirmation received that the documents have been registered, please then feel free to call the Adviser Helpline (0800 092 1228) to request information on your clients’ NS&I holdings
On the call you will be asked for:
- Reference number (provided on our correspondence)
- Caller name
- Firm name, address and FCA registration number
- Additionally you will be asked to confirm some customer details
All this information is required to ensure security and allow us to accurately service your requests. To find out more about how we use your information, please visit nsandi-adviser.com/privacy-notice.
- Accounts held in trust
For NS&I accounts held in Trust or as part of a SIPP, all trustees names must be listed in paragraph 1 of the Letter of Authority and the signatures of all trustees responsible for the account will be required on the completed Letter of Authority document in order to be accepted (Please utilise the space located on page 3 to provide additional signatures). If the Letter of Authority is not completed and signed by all responsible trustees then we will be unable to process your request and this may delay access to the information required.
Later in 2018, NS&I is planning to launch online access to information on clients’ NS&I holdings. This will be via secure log-in on this website.
Adviser updates offer the quickest, easiest way to stay up to date with the latest news on our products, interest rates and other important developments affecting advice firms.
In order for us to send you adviser updates, please provide your contact details.