View your clients’ NS&I holdings online
Our secure online service gives you access to a range of information about your clients’ NS&I investments. It’s one of the ways we’re making it easier for advice firms to do business with us.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to:
- view your clients’ NS&I portfolios (you’ll need an indefinite Letter of Authority per client)
- get a valuation of their fixed term investments and see maturity dates
- see copies of your clients’ NS&I statements and other communications
- look at your clients’ Premium Bonds prize history
How to get started
Only a Director or senior representative (FCA-approved person) in your firm can set up the initial registration for our online service. Once they’ve done this, they can add other users within your firm.
- Download a Terms of Business Agreement, complete it, print it and sign it, then post it to us at NS&I, Sunderland SR43 2SB. We only need one of these per firm, and we will hold it indefinitely on file unless you notify us of any changes. If your firm has more than one branch, the primary branch which is listed on the FCA website or with Companies House should be used as the address on the Terms of Business
- Wait five working days for everything to be set up – we’ll then send you an email to let you know the online service is ready for you. Please make sure you check your junk folder or spam if you haven’t received it in your inbox within the five working days
- Follow the link in the email to activate your online registration and set your password. The link in the email is valid for 14 days
- As a ‘super-user’ with admin rights, you can then add other users in your firm and decide whether each should be a super-user or general user
- For each client who wants you to view their NS&I investments, download an indefinite Letter of Authority, ask your client to complete and sign it, then post it to us at NS&I, Sunderland SR43 2SB. NS&I will only accept this NS&I template in all instances
More about Letters of Authority
To view an account held jointly, you’ll need to send us a separate Letter of Authority for each account holder. If we do not have your client’s current signature on file, we will need them to provide a witnessed signature. If this is the case, we will write directly to your client and let them know.
Accounts held in trust or in a SIPP
Please make sure all the trustees’ names are listed in the ‘customer name’ section at the top of one Letter of Authority and that all trustees sign the letter at the end. At the moment we can only give information on trust holdings over the phone. We’re planning to make this available online in the future.
You can use our phone service as well
When you send us your signed Terms of Business Agreement, we’ll register you for our phone service as well as our online service.
We’ll send you an acknowledgement letter within five working days of receiving your Terms of Business Agreement. Your letter will contain a reference number – this is different to the NS&I adviser number that you’ll use for our online service.
We’ll also give you a client reference number for each Letter of Authority you send us.
Whenever you call us we’ll ask you for:
- your name
- your firm’s name, address and FCA registration number
- your reference number (on the acknowledgement letter we send when you register a Terms of Business Agreement)
- the client reference number (on the acknowledgement letter we send when you register a Letter of Authority)
For security we may also ask you to confirm some client details.
If you notify us of a staff change in the future, we will arrange for this reference number to be immediately updated and sent via post to your firm’s registered address.
Already have a Terms of Business Agreement with us?
If you had already sent us a Terms of Business Agreement and indefinite Letters of Authority to use our phone service, you don’t have to resend them to access the online service. Simply call our Adviser Helpline on 0800 092 1228 and ask us to register you for the online service.
How to find out more
- Call our Adviser Helpline free on 0800 092 1228 (Calls from outside the UK may not be free. Calls may be recorded.)
- Download our FAQs
To find out more about how we use your information, please visit nsandi-adviser.com/privacy-notice