We are pleased to inform you that NS&I has now started the testing phase for its eagerly anticipated online service for financial advice firms. After two years of complex design work and technical development, we are almost ready to launch the service. As part of this testing stage, a small number of advice firms are currently trying out the service, highlighting any issues and suggesting ideas for further enhancements.
When launched, the service will give advice firms secure online access to information on their clients’ NS&I holdings for the first time, via a purpose built portal, designed and delivered to meet growing adviser expectations of NS&I. We’ve listened to the feedback from advice firms over the last few years, where you have frequently asked us to introduce a service such as this.
The new online service will enable advice firms to:
- View a list of their clients with NS&I holdings
- Select a client and view their NS&I portfolio
- View the transaction history of an account
- Get a valuation of fixed term accounts and see their maturity dates
- View copies of digital communications sent to their clients from NS&I
- Set up and manage access to the service for any of their employees
- Update their firm’s details
This represents the first version of the service, with other enhancements planned for the future.
We hope to fully launch the service to all advice firms in the next couple of months, so look out for more details nearer the time.